The Eastern Black Sea Project (DOKAP) Entrepreneurship and Innovation Research Project aims to enhance the innovative and entrepreneurial capacity of the Eastern Black Sea Region that comprises 9 cities including Artvin, Bayburt, Giresun, Gumushane, Ordu, Rize, Samsun, Tokat and Trabzon.
The project was initiated with an agreement signed between DOKAP Regional Development Administration (DOKAP RDA) and Turkish Management Sciences Institute (TÜBİTAK TÜSSİDE) on 18 December 2015. In order to contribute the competitiveness and sustainable development of DOKAP region, as part of the project TÜBİTAK TÜSSİDE has been
- analyzing the current situation of entrepreneurship and innovation ecosystem of the region;
- identifying problems and priority intervention areas as well as potential development areas;
- establishing strategic road maps based on need analysis.
Within the scope of the project,
- organized industrial zones,
- small industrial sites,
- technology development zones and
- business development centers
- business incubators,
- universities and
- technology transfer offices,
- small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and
- free zones
have being analyzed with field studies, interviews, questionnaires and workshops. In the next phase of the project, cluster potential identification and cluster road mapping activities will be carried out to promote competitiveness in the region. Besides, system/model designs and feasibility analyses will be implemented to promote the entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the regional scale.
The project consists of 6 work packages;
- Evaluation of Organized Industrial Zones and Small Industry Sites and Determination of Development Strategies
- Evaluation of Technology Development Zones and Business Development Centers and Determination of Development Strategies
- Feasibility Study on Establishment of a Regional Technology Transfer Center and Evaluation of Industry Efficiencies of Universities
- Analysis of Cluster Potential for Apparel/Garment Sector in the Region and Preparation of a Cluster Roadmap Document
- Strategy Document for the Development of Regional SMEs
- Analysis Study to Increase the Efficiency of Free Zones in the Region
In the scope of the project, TÜSSİDE will also analyze the national and international best practices, carry out comparative impact analyzes, and prepare development strategies for each work package.
Strategic Framework of the Project
Activities on the development of entrepreneurship and innovation ecosystem at national scale were initiated with “'National Innovation and Entrepreneurship System” theme at the 28th Meeting of Science and Technology Supreme Council, which is the highest decision-making body in the creation of science and technology policies in Turkey, on 6 January 2015.
In this direction and in accordance with the strategic framework of the "National Science, Technology and Innovation Strategy (UBTYS) 2011-2016", the cooperation of TÜSSİDE and DOKAP BKİ aims at:
- Development of human resources for STI,
- Stimulating the transformation of research results into products and services,
- Diffusion of a multi-actor and multi-discipline R&D cooperation culture,
- Invigoration of the role of SMEs,
within the Eastern Black Sea Region.
National Science, Technology and Innovation Strategy (UBTYS)