On May 30, 2016, the Eastern Black Sea Project Regional Development Administration (DOKAP) commissioned TÜBİTAK TÜSSİDE to research organic farming basins in the region. The project is expected to be completed in 24 months.
According to the agreement, the project will contain the following work packages;
- Researching and mapping lands suitable for organic farming,
- Identifying possible organic farming basins based on climate conditions, earth and water quality
- Identifying products that can potentially be cultivated,
- Developing a strategy to launch and disseminate organic farming
- Assessing the training needs of farmers in the region
- Developing clustering strategies